Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Settling In after changes

The weather here is so cold and like winter, when we are supposed to be in Spring.

I have been busy settling into the new studio space. Getting to know the artists there and doing a bit of creating. There have been and still are plenty of teaching opportunities, especially with InterPlay. I have finally taken the plunge with encaustic art and I'm excited by the possibilities.

In a couple of weeks my sister is coming from SA to visit us, with hubby and 2 kids. I'm looking forward to it but I hope they get just a little taste of blue skies and lazing on the beach while they are here.

I've been keeping up my fitness training and feeling a lot healthier. I have got so lazy with cooking meals, especially if Greg is not around. I end up grabbing things from the fridge that are healthy but can be eaten raw. God knows what I will do when we have family stay? I can't just offer up some carrots, celery, avocados, cottage cheese, a mandarin, a kiwi fruit, some sugar snap peas and grapes...and say help yourself!  I really have forgotten how to cook. I also have no creative energy left at the end of the day to make something and looking in one of my numerous cookbooks ahead of time. and buying the ingredients is unheard of. I did cook cauliflower cheese last night with a layer of tomatoes laid on top...yum! My Dad cooks the best meals, especially roasts and soups but, he always messages me about them while I'm crunching on a raw carrot and eating Greek yogurt out the pot.

Not sure now if I really want to study Art Therapy in 2014. Do I really want to be a therapist and listening to people's problems all day long. The subject would be fascinating to learn about but I fear it will be too introspective and I'm not sure that is what I need. Also I want my art making to be my central focus and my spiritual journey. Which brings me to another course that I may do instead. it also includes subjects I have also been drawn to over the years. It is a Christian Spirituality/Christian Formation/Spiritual Directors course over 12 months. As I have not been attending our church on a regular basis I think this course would help me to nut out where I stand with my Christian faith and spiritual journey, on a deeper level, before it becomes so dormant I can't wake it up! We'll see. There are only 10 places and if I'm being led in that direction I will follow :)



No comments:

Post a Comment