Monday, May 7, 2012

Mondays - A Day off from Work


I take Mondays off. I don't do anything that is connected to my work day. This is so important for many reasons. Even God the Creator took a day off and rested. It's a chance for me to sleep in, get a few chores done around the home, catch up with a friend, have a nap, go out for lunch, see a movie,  cook a nice meal, watch TV or read. Best of all, my husband takes this day off too, when he is able, and we get to hang out together. Yesterday was so windy and rainy that it made a cozy day at home all the better.


Last night I watched The Voice (who didn't?) and I took some notes on what I heard the coaches saying to the singers so that I could apply it to my work as an artist. Competition is high. To stand out in a crowd I too will need to have that edge to my artwork.



Find a way to CONNECT with the 'me' inside,  and to my work and to my viewers


Be TEACHABLE


FIND YOURSELF and bring that forward in my art


My art has to STAND OUT


Take what someone else has done and EXTEND IT


Dig deep, I HAVE IT IN ME


My art needs to connect with the SOUL of my viewers. They want to FEEL my work


Interesting is not enough, my work has got to be MORE THAN INTERESTING


Get people to WANT to buy my work


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, so this'll be my third attempt but instead of being on my phone I'm now on the Mac. *Please don't freeze/delete on me again AGAIN!* There are are some great tidbits on this and maybe just maybe I'll have a crack at watching 'the Voice' for a second time. Also, now that your canvass has temporarily changed - are you sticking to this Monday off practice?!?

    Ciao

    PS - I'm still a bit cross, I'd written more and I'm sure that I've forgotten something but it is what it is. Enjoy Radelaide and I gave two things to someone who'll be seeing by now and hopefully both things were passed on! Ooh, I know what I wanted to say - can you get rid of that 'entering a captcha when I leave a comment' thing that makes you prove you're not a robot? I'm sure you won't get spam.

    ReplyDelete