Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back to work for me!

Oh at last I can climb into bed! 
I had a very difficult day today, my first day back at work and it was one of those days when everything went wrong. I can't believe I am already so wound up!  It doesn't take long before I start to feel closed in by crowds of people, traffic and concrete everywhere. It always takes me a while to acclimatise after a holiday and I have to consciously stay calm as the pace of daily living picks up. It is a very different pace out in the country and as I'm getting older (Oh so old!!) the idea of living in the country is becoming more and more attractive. I have always been a city girl at heart but after this last holiday I realised that there is something about the country that seems to keep things in perspective. Maybe it is the fact that I am surrounded by nature and more attuned to the rhythms of nature.
Greg has another week to go before he is back at work so he is aiming to stay in holiday groove.


1 comment:

  1. I appreciate how you feel Jan, Now you know why I want to stay out here in backwoods Keyneton as long as possible. Stick with it mate . . .your much too young to retire !!
    Your holiday descriptions and Venues did look nice though . . . even the muddy paddock . . all part of rural life xx Dad.
    =================================================

    ReplyDelete