Friday, February 3, 2012

Lets do it, lets blog again!



Yes! I am still here, in the land of the living, my head still above the water. 


 I’ve have had the craziest past two weeks! A combination of exhausting heat, continuous but lovely visitors, diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, the Stirling council interrogating me about my rented studio space, missing out on InterPlay graduation in Adelaide and it goes on! Sometimes life can just slam you in the face again and again. I’ve learned that I just have to keep moving forward with what ever strength and resources I have left and not feel sorry for myself. I’m thankful for family and friends that just happen to be in the right place at the right time, offering their support and loving me through the difficulties. Some of you had no idea you were such a person. Thank you!
So...life goes on and I am feeling human again. My thyroid is stabilized. My Dad, who is with us now, and I am enjoying his visit, will be the last visitor for a while. The heat has eased off a little. I now await the Stirling City council decision on the future of my art studio with a sense of calm instead of panic.



My intention to enter Art Prizes around Australia and Tasmania for 2012 is going ahead. I’m in the process of downloading all the entry forms and reading up on all the conditions such as final dates for the entry form, entry fees, providing quality images, bio and CV or artist statement maximum size of artwork and the exhibition theme and so on and so on ...enough to give anyone a headache!



I am working on several large paintings at a time. Experimenting with charcoal drawings of gum leaves on canvas especially those fabulous insect-nibbled gum leaves in all those odd shapes. Then I add very wet paint on a wet canvas. Quite exciting! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello again, great to have you back again. Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Mr Kotter, it's been a while. Well, the online you anyway.

    ReplyDelete