Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 Life full of meaning


So here we are, in January 2012! I'm back from all the holidays and festivities and have just signed my name on the dotted line for the lease on my new private studio space in North Beach WA.
 Everything that was in this space when it was used as The Artcave Community Gallery, which I was part of, has been removed, and the soul of the place went with it. The first thing I needed to do was get my own energy and soul back in there and  make the empty rooms feel a little more welcoming. So I have now put all my paintings up on the walls, set up my work space, got some music going, a sofa, all my art books, some flowers and NOW it feels like my place and that is bloody fantastic! One section will be a meditation, reading room and gallery for private viewing of my artwork. The other section is my workshop area. It's huge and I am loving the space!  There is also an outside garden area where I can work when I'm painting or spraying more toxic substances. As you can imagine this new venture is getting all my love,  attention and energy. I am very committed to creating some of my best work in this place and I just hope and pray that I can settle  here for a few years till something better comes along.
I'm able to do my daily meditation at the studio before I start work. I took a chair out in the garden area. Only managed 10 mins today but it is better than nothing. Haven't taken a walk along the beach yet but I plan to once I get more of a rhythm happening in my work hours( ha! ha! ) and stop fussing around with interior decoration of the studio! To stay focussed I regularly ask myself. Does this activity have the possibility of earning me dollars to pay my studio rent? This blog doesn't so I may have to limit my posts to one a week. Threading gum-nuts on fishing line to make a curtain to hang in the doorway between the gallery room and my workshop won't pay the rent so I may have to leave that for now. Networking and finding out where and when the next exhibitions and competitions are, could earn me dollars eventually. Preparing and painting canvases could, organizing the studio for students or visitors could, researching other artists for inspiration could...and so on. Making enquires at wineries and cafes and galleries, finishing off consignments, organizing suitable photos of my works for a portfolio etc etc could. I’m going on a river cruise today. That won’t pay the rent but I am well aware that taking time out for refreshment and relaxation with good friends is crucial to a balanced life as an artist and besides, I am constantly gathering information and inspiration from all my experiences where ever I am and whatever I am doing. 
There is so much more to tell but my life is moving faster than I can write.  My next post will be on the current books
 ( Eric Maisel on Noimetics and Wayne Dwyer on meditation) I’m being influenced by right now and how the breaking of some of my traditions such as my non-church attendance, is allowing for a deeper more expansive relationship with myself, others and my Creator.  It is all about living my life, full of what is personally meaningful to me. Think about when and how and where have you experience meaningful life-giving, moments? Can you create more without manipulating or abusing others....to be continued

1 comment: