Saturday, February 9, 2013

No more chasing...See what comes to me!

I'm changing my attitude this coming year. Previously I decided to ramp up the business side of things. Get more of a public face both on-line and locally. Advertise art classes and InterPlay more purposefully and strategically. Get my online shop up and running and on it goes.
Now my intention is to take the pressure off myself to achieve and be successful in my work, and instead to simply enjoy it while I can. The high expectations of myself don't benefit me in any way, they just leave me empty and disillusioned. If I step back and wait, then deal with whatever lands in my lap, then I will not compare to others and think that I am not doing enough, not earning enough etc. I've learned that I need to live my life from within and gradually expand out from there, and that it is okay to retreat often and spend some time with myself doing stuff I enjoy rather than planning and scheming and stressing about my next business or social move!

No comments:

Post a Comment