Thursday, January 10, 2013

Then and There

Walked a good 6K round trip along the river and into town and back. Greg led the way with a large stick in hand. Looked like Moses. He banged it on the dirt path all along the river to ward off the snakes.

In town we visited The Old Butter Factory Art Gallery and artists workshop. Omg! I saw so many visually scrumptious paintings created by a couple of my favorite local artists and I was just itching to get back into my studio and get creative. I noticed that many of the ideas I have played with over the last few years but had not developed further because I would move onto the next thing and the next, were right there in some of the work of these well established artists. So that is yelling, that was meant to say 'telling' me to revisit some of those ideas again and not give up on them before I have more thoroughly explored them.
So when I head back into the studio next week I have a plan to do some back tracking, returning to work that has sold and develop it further.

We packed up our campsite today:( All good things must come to an end. I always wanted to retire in beautiful Tasmania, but now Denmark is the place for me. Its quite funny as a number of my friends in WA have text msg me saying "See you when you get back from overseas!"




No comments:

Post a Comment