Saturday, December 1, 2012

In My World

I'm so happy! I led a wonderful group of 4 in my December InterPlay group. That's 4 more than I had in my November group!  I want to say a big thank you to those who participated. You have no idea how much you encouraged me by being there and beautifully improvising your way through the movements, voice and storytelling. Great fun, and you gave me the chance to put it to action all I have been learning and practicing over the past few years.
My goal is to have a regular playgroup meeting in Perth city, once a month through out 2013. Hopefully by the end of next year, if not before, there will be a core group of InterPlayers that represent Western Australia and we can invite national and international leaders to run workshops.

Next Playgroup is in mid-January 2013. I don't have a date yet, but it will be an evening session for those who can't make it on the weekends. Stay tuned to www.interplayaus.com.au for upcoming classes in Perth WA.

In the studio I've been working on 5 small collages in natural earthy colors. They take forever as I play with the vast amount of hand painted papers and natural elements sprawled across my work bench. I just have to keep trying out different layouts with the bits and pieces until I am satisfied with the outcome. Occasionally a composition will come together very quickly, but most of the time it's a long process and I have to be in a good head space. I don't have photos of the finished ones yet, but these are some pics of my layouts in process. They look quite different now so I'll show you in the next post.























Once completed they will be framed and marched off to an art gallery/shop for sale. Hopefully someone will buy them as a christmas present!

I've noticed I like to alternate my more messy-big canvas-big paintbrush-slap the paint on type art with this more detailed, more intense style of work in a limited surface. I't like macro and long distance photograpy. It challenges me to see through different lens, but I can't seem to do either for a long period before I feel the need to flex some different muscles.

I'm just about done with the collage now and today I'll be moving onto covering a good size canvas with deep red acrylic paint, then when it is dry, covering the whole canvas with 5 inch squares of imitation gold and silver leaf. I have no idea what I will do next but I'm sure some inspiration will come my way!

Christmas is coming! Why do I always have this instinctive need to go into hiding and come out when it is all over?

No comments:

Post a Comment