Monday, August 27, 2012

The Simplicity of Spiritual Transformation.

I am learning a great deal about intuition this year. About listening and being guided by the spirit of God, the spirit of truth.
Also, when is it good to listen and trust those ongoing conversations inside my head and when do I need to 'tame the shrew' and several other beasts than live in my inner world!

The most amazing thing about spiritual transformation though, is it takes no effort at all. If anything, I have to get out of the way. It is simply a matter of consciously stopping and inviting Christ or God or Spirit or whatever you relate to, in on the scene.
As David Ludwig said at the St. Johns seminar on the weekend...which was brilliant by the way, he said, you just have to say to your mind, thank you, but WE (being Christ and you) have got this covered. The only problem is we are so used to living daily with the old accusing mind patterns and impulsive body, that we forget entirely to let the new spirit-self be in control. I spent the whole day yesterday saying, thank you mind and body for looking after me but WE ( me and Jesus) have got it covered, all sorted! !
It does make a huge difference to my anxiety and I increase my experience of peace, joy, energy and love, but heck, no matter how simple it is to do, the spirit of God doesn't come naturally! It is our old self that is natural.
For me it is like trying to change my posture so that the blood can flow freely to the muscles and I can breathe easier. All I have to do is sit up straight and relax my shoulders. I can do it in a second, but do I do it? No! Does my posture change after one or two conscious moments of adjusting? No. It is a habit I have to get into and over the months and years, like my meditation. Only then I will see some permanent changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment