Monday, July 23, 2012

Captive

Do you ever have those days when you just feel totally out of sorts ( please say yes) and you are what's known as 'high maintenance...' Well thats me!

These last few days I have been emotionally FLAT. I often experience this after an intense, busy or stress-filled week. Sometimes it just comes out of the blue. I really, really don't like these days, especially when I try a number of things to help me feel better such as a pray, walk in the park, exercise, journalling, eat ice-cream , have a sleep, listen to an inspiring podcast, go to a movie, watch something funny on TV, go out for lunch, help someone in need, eat more ice-cream and whatever else I can think of at the time. I don't try all these at once of course...but never-the-less nothing, not one thing seems to change the way I feel.

And on it goes...the "woe-is-me and Im-too-fat-menopausal-eaten-too much-Im-not-an-artist's-big-toe-I'm wasting my life, I'm so disorganised, I hate my hair, I should have and could have and blah blah blah" just continues streaming through my brain and I think to myself...damn, what am I to do?


Luke 4 J Pfeiffer 2009 SOLD
Knowing and remembering "this too shall pass" helps a 'tiny' bit as do a number of other strategies I keep up my sleeve, but in the end, it is sometimes just a matter of waiting. Waiting for the depression or whatever it is, to lift...to be cast away and drift off into the distance like a grey cloud and completely disappear, just like that!
Then everything goes back to "normal" again and I think to myself...what a wonderful world! Not really, I think to myself, what was that all about?


1 comment:

  1. Wow Janet! What a writer you are. You should seriously write a book . . . probably call it 'Life' or 'Feelings'.
    You and I are so alike in our 'life and feelings' experiences.
    I have had the same depressions but without quite so much of your depth of philosophical humour. I don't experience these times so much lately as I seem to be enjoying what is left of my life too much. The down times come mainly when somebody close lets you down or more frequently when one hasn't the energy to accomplish what one sets out to achieve and the lazy comfort path is easier to walk.
    Like you, Dear Daughter, to put it simply . . be patient . .if you find yourself in a black hole today, patience and ice cream will see you flying up there somewhere tomorrow(metaphorically speaking of course)
    Love Dad.xx

    ReplyDelete